If you haven’t been able to tell, i’ve taken a break…a looong break….from blogging. Basically, I lost my purpose and desire for blogging after returning from Ukraine. Most of all, I think I just needed time to figure things out without blabbing my mouth. In essence, a time to be still and listen. I’ve done a lot of listening, and waiting, and even more questioning.
So are you ready for all the answers to my questions? Are you prepared to hear all that I’ve learned over the last 6 months or so?
Well, you’ll just have to wait, because, truthfully, I still don’t have it all figured out. I haven’t yet to see God’s purpose in all the events that transpired over the last year. But it’s okay. I have learned that I don’t always need to know God’s reasoning. All I have to know is that God is faithful and has a purpose for everything that He allows us to go through. And, you know what? He’s been extremely faithful in my life. Here’s proof:
Things that have transpired since I’ve stopped blogging:
- Josh made it through a round of layoffs before finally being laid off in April.
- The last day of his job, a new company hired him to start the following week.
- All of our needs have been taken care of AND had a few added blessings thrown in.
- I started a new job @ a Christian company with good people. The job is easy, flexible and just plain fun.
- Josh and I got into our own home…it’s a rental for now, but is exactly what we wanted and at an incredible rate for the location and size.
- I’ve been accepted to Seminary, where I will begin a Master’s of Biblical Counseling program in the fall.
- Friends and family have been so loving and supportive. And understanding.
- I’ve made incredible new friendships
- Ministry opportunities continue to present themselves to me, which allows me to fulfill my calling as a missionary.
- My marriage is stronger than ever.
I could keep listing, but I think you get the point…God has been good to me. He speaks to me daily and I am constantly finding Him in everything.
And, I believe I’m ready to begin blogging again. My purpose is to just share the things that God places in my heart and mind. I don’t claim to have all the answers; my guess is that I will end up saying some things on this blog that may not be right on…but i’m thinking through things and trying to figure it all out. I’m just a woman trying to serve the Lord, and I hope you’ll take the journey with me.